Our recruitment process
The Goulburn-Murray Water recruitment process is designed to give you the best opportunity to express your suitability for the vacant positions that are advertised.
Apply using the GMW application form. For each position advertised there will be an application form attached for completion. The application form must be completed accurately and in full. If you require additional space or would like to attach your CV, please forward this along with your application to our recruitment team. It is important to provide all the details required at this stage. This includes Section B of the application form which requires you to address your skills and experience that are relevant to the Key Selection Criteria.
Please click here to view all current vacancies
Please click here for more information on how to address the Key Selection Criteria
Submitting your application
Applications marked 'Confidential' must be sent to:
Or via post to:
Recruitment (Human Resources)
PO Box 165
Tatura VIC 3616
Acknowledgment of application
When you apply for a job with GMW, you can expect to receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
Review the application
GMW will review your application and resume (if applicable) and determine a shortlist of applicants.
If you are selected to proceed through the selection process you will be contacted and advised of the next stage. If you are unsuccessful at this stage, you will be notified by email.
Candidates who are short listed and invited to attend an interview with relevant company and Human Resources representatives. Objectives of the interviews are to:
- Enable the interview panel to determine the person best suited to the position
- Provide the candidate with information about the company and position
- Check the work rights of the candidate. Proof of citizenship or visa information will need to be sighted by a GMW Manager or Human Resources representative, along with current photo identification.
On completion of the interview stage, the interview panel will determine the most suitable candidate based on the person’s fit to the position requirements and the Key Selection Criteria.Unsuccessful candidates will be advised by phone on the outcome of their interview.
Unsuccessful candidates will be contacted by phone on the outcome of their interview.
- References: As part of your initial application you will be asked to provide a minimum of three referees. Reference checks are to confirm the interviewer's assessment of the candidate. The candidate's permission must be obtained before formal reference checks are carried out. The purpose is to confirm factual information about the candidate's previous work history and achievements, and to assist in determining suitability to our business.
- National police check: At this stage, recommended applicants may be required to undertake a national police check. The cost of such will be reimbursed by Goulburn-Murray Water. The police check process can be commenced via the following website: https://www.instantchecks.com.au/checks/checkform.aspx
- Pre-Employment Medical: We are strongly committed to maintaining a healthy workplace. Prior to a final selection decision candidates may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination. This may also include a functional capacity assessment and a check of prior WorkCover claims to ascertain whether you can perform the inherent requirements of the position without endangering, or posing a risk to the health and safety of yourself or others. If a medical check is required, a member of the Human Resources team will contact you to arrange an appointment with a medical centre nominated by GMW. The cost of which will be paid for by GMW.
Your application must be received by the application close date, as specified in each advertisement. We cannot guarantee that late applications will be accepted.
All applications will be acknowledged by email. You will be notified in due course if you have been selected for an interview.
If you require further technical information with regard to the position, there is a contact name within the position description for further information.
Goulburn-Murray Water is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all applications are assessed based on skills, abilities, experience, qualifications and aptitudes without regard to age, gender, race, disability, religion, marital status and a range of other personal characteristics.
Goulburn-Murray Water is committed to protecting the privacy of applicants. In accordance with the Information Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, personal information provided to us will only be used for the purpose of employment. We guarantee that your application will be treated in total confidence.