Human safety is a core value.
GMW in undertaking its operations is committed to providing workers, customers and members of the public with a healthy and safe environment.
GMW will, through a process of continuous improvement and periodic review, fully integrate health, safety and wellbeing into all aspects of our activities. We will achieve this by:
- The systematic management of health, safety and wellbeing in all our activities by identifying hazards, assessing the risks and implementing strategies to control those risks.
- Ensuring compliance with all identified legal and other requirements.
- Setting measurable objectives and targets aimed at controlling higher risk activities and increasing awareness of health, safety and wellbeing in line with this policy.
- Providing adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to our employees and contractors.
- Investigating all incidents and serious "Near Hits", developing and implementing actions to prevent recurrence.
- Implementing effective injury management strategies and rehabilitation programs for all injured employees.
We promote a proactive health and safety management philosophy based on effective communication and consultation, our systematic identification, assessment and control of hazards and risks and the encouragement of innovation and involvement.
Responsibilities for our health, safety and wellbeing lie with all of us. The personal commitment and involvement of everyone working with us, driven from the highest levels, is essential for establishing and maintaining healthy and safe working environments.
We will provide adequate resources to ensure working environments that are so far as is reasonably practicable safe and without risks to health. Our people will at all times take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions at work.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy Statement